makeup be damned this summer. with oily skin, i just cannot with foundation or anything that will increase the chances of me looking like a piece of popeye’s chicken.
praises that i’ve been taking good care of my skin lately and drinking lots of water. my face is the clearest it’s been in a long time. i feel more comfortable ditching the foundation and sticking to a pretty basic routine that helps reduce oil.
the 5 products you need for oily skin this summer
- first aid beauty red clay cleanser: the perfect first step in a skincare routine for oily skin is a gentle, but clarifying cleanser. the red clay in this first aid beauty cleanser is a great way clean your pores without completely stripping your skin of necessary oils.
- ren clarifying toner: i grabbed this stuff from vivrant beauty and it was love at first application. before using it, i couldn’t be convinced that toners were 100% necessary for a skincare routine. now, i think it’s helped to control my breakouts and the vitamin c is great for fading dark spots.
- the ordinary niacinimide serum: niacinimide does wonders for reducing oil production and the size of pores. it goes on kind of sticky, but dries smoothly. it’s a must have for under makeup if you have oily skin.
- osea blemish balm: give it up for the magna carta of moisturizers. i seriously, will never stop using this product. it’s not greasy, all natural and helps fade dark spots. plus, it completely absorbs into the skin.
- osea red algae mask: clay masks are great for drawing out impurities from your skin. using one weekly is clutch for oily skin. i love the osea red algae mask because it’s all natural and perfect for pressing reboot on my skin.
shop this post