sunday says is a snapshot of all my favorite articles from around the web. sit back, chill and enjoy a curated list of beauty, style and social justice reads.
1. joanne the scammer is a liar, scammer and a fraud. check this hilarious video of the queen of thieviery giving an exclusive tour of “her” caucasian home.
in a recent fader exposé, branden tiller is profiled as the comedic genius behind the social media phenom. i’ve howled at joanne’s videos, especially her irreverent attitude and deep commitment to scamming. however, branden’s story makes you think about the dark side of comedy. some people laugh to keep from crying.
2. get into all the #blackgirlmagic unleashed at the 2016 olympics. from gymnastics to swimming to fencing to track & field — black women literally changed the game. you’re welcome rio.
3. the doj got into the baltimore police department’s behind in its report revealing massive abuses in power. biased stop and frisk practices, disproportionate use of force and predatory sexual activity were all uncovered. the report was little consulation for residents who’ve been making the same allegations for years. what’s next for the city where all officers tried for freddie gray’s death were acquitted?
4. the justice department has been busy. aside from the scathing baltimore report, it also found time to end the use of private federal prisons. this is a blow to this country’s tide towards mass incarceration as many believe private prisons are major drivers of the prison-industrial complex.
5. there’s nothing like the perfect white summer dress. ranti onayemi of ranti in review is slaying our lives in this white dress and valentino studded heels.
6. francheska medina of hey fran hey blessed our summer with her warm vibes & summer nights spotify playlist. it’s seriously the perfect soundtrack to your everyday greatness.
featured image via the fader